DivX is one of the famous video file formats that is used to compress a large video by using DivX codec. This DivX file includes advanced features like multiple subtitles, video menus and audio tracks. DivX files can be played on both Windows and Mac Operating system based computers and laptops with its compatible media players. DivX index plays an important role in moving the slider of video to particular spot while playing. Sometimes, repeated forwarding and backward of video while playing might damage your DivX file index. If this DivX index file is corrupted, then the video becomes unplayable making you feel disappointed. For better understanding let us consider one of the scenarios like you downloaded DivX files from internet. Later when you tried to play it on the VLC player, you got an error message displaying like DivX index file is corrupted. After encountering such type of error messages, you were really tensed as all your efforts on downloading DivX file from the internet were ruined. Now you cannot spend so much of time and download it once again.
Above mentioned scenario is one of the common reason on how the DivX index is corrupted. If you are encountering similar kind of situation then nothing to worry, just be relaxed. It is simple to fix DivX index file using third party repair application. One such effective repair program is repairing DivX software that can fix corrupted or damaged DivX Index file within few simple and easy steps. This program repairs and affix video and audio data stream alongside. DivX repair program helps in repairing DivX index file on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. You can install this app easily on Windows 10, 8, XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc and regarding Mac versions, this remarkable repair application can perform DivX video repair on Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mac Lion, Mac Leopard, Mac Snow Leopard, Mac Mountain Lion and Mac Mavericks and recently released Yosemite. DivX repair tool can easily fix DIVX movies from hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, iPods, external hard drives etc.
Possible reasons for corruption of DivX index file:
- Sometimes when you try to open DivX application to play some video files then it might take a long time because of which it may suddenly crash. Later, when you try to play that DivX file using other application then you may get an error that indicates that DivX index file is damaged. Your DivX file may not play even after re-installing the application that results in corruption of file. But, it is possible to mend DivX index file using this DIVX repair program.
- Invasion of harmful viruses on your computer through the internet or from any other source may infect the DivX index file residing on the system. Therefore, it makes the files to get corrupt and you will lose its access causing video file loss. Now, you can use this repair DivX tool for repairing broken DivX index file easily.
- When you are transferring DivX file from your system to another external storage drive, suddenly if this process gets interrupted because of power failure then DivX index file gets broken. However, this Repair DivX utility helps in fixing corrupted DivX index file in few minutes.
Repair DivX is one of the most renowned tools that is accepted by many of the DivX video file users for fixing corrupted DivX index file. This program has a simple user interface. It gives you the comprehensible directions with screenshots that help even an inexperienced person to fix DivX index files. This utility has been developed by the highly dedicated technical team, so at any point of time you feel any assistance is required, then without any hesitation, you avail the technical support. Now, it is possible to preview the repaired DivX index file by using the free demo version of this Repair DivX toolkit. If you are satisfied with this performance then you can purchase the licensed version of this tool in order to save all the fixed DivX file.
- Never use any unknown media players to play your DivX file.
- Always maintain multiple copies of important data in the separate external hard disk.
- It is suggested to save the fixed DivX index file to a different destination location from where it was repaired.