Macintosh operating systems are the one that is solely compatible with Apple Products like Apple computer systems, Apple Laptops, iMac, MacBook, iBook, iPad, iPod, etc. The storage devices used on these gadgets are meant to store all types of data. The Mac data can be stored on various storage devices like hard drives (both internal and external), memory cards, USB drives, etc. And data can be easily lost from these memory cards.
MOV files are a type of video file that is meant to play in QuickTime media player which is a media player on Mac. This QuickTime is designed by Apple Inc exclusively for Mac systems. Consider a scenario that you downloaded a very large MOV file from internet and during the process, the internet connection went abruptly. And the file became corrupt because of the error that occurred. So the file did not open when tried to open. In such situation, the best solution is to repair the corrupt MOV file and recover the file using any third party software. And to fix your problem try Mac lost file recovery software.
Here are the scenarios mentioned that causes file corruption or loss of any file on Mac:
- Accidental deletion – When you delete any file like MOV from Mac system using command + shift + delete, the file will probably be completely lost because it bypasses Trash.
- Emptying Trash on Mac – When you empty the Trash, the files which are saved in the Trash will be permanently deleted. So, if you empty Trash files without checking if you need it for further use then a file might be lost.
- Volume deletion – While deleting any volumes to boost the usability from the hard drive but in the event, you wrongly deleted some other volume instead of the one which has to be deleted, and thus complete volume data is lost.
- Deleting files from external storage devices – If you connect any external drives to process any data like MOV files from it and if you delete any files from that, the deleted files can’t be restored from Trash as these files will bypass Trash and gets permanently deleted.
- Due to CRC errors- If there are bad sectors on the hard drive where the MOV file is been stored, then the file becomes corrupt and thus cannot be opened.
- Failure of the media player- When you play a MOV file in QuickTime player, the sudden failure of the player may sometimes damage the file. Due to which the file gets corrupt and do not respond to the commands.
In all such situations to recover MOV files Mac makes use of Mac lost file recovery that can restore any lost data on Mac. You can just go through the features of the software here:
- Repairs MOV and other video files that are corrupt due to virus attack, CRC errors and improper file transfer.
- Easily restores lost and deleted hard drive data on Mac OS X.
- Effective recovery of MOV files using the option unique/ RAW signature search.
- Formatted hard drive or volume data could be restored completely.
- Makes the corrupt MOV files to play again in QuickTime player.
- Recovers emptied Trash data files on Mac systems with ease.
The software uses advanced scanning process in recovering lost data. It separately extracts the video and audio streams by identifying its signature and then produces a new playable video file. Here you can download the trial version of the software and go through the recovery efficiency and then you purchase the actual software.